Organizer: Toshiyuki Ogawa.
The life sciences relate to mathematics via the posing of important mathematical problems and as an arena for the development of mathematical tools. This session focuses on contributions to problems in the life sciences from dynamical systems and partial differential equations. The topics include mass conservation in reaction-diffusion systems; bulk-membrane problems; and pattern dynamics in biological problems.
Plenary speaker: Yihong Du, University of New England.
Session speakers (links to talk information):
- Chiun-Chuan Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan;
- Yong-Jung Kim, KAIST, Korea;
- Yoichiro Mori, University of Pennsylvania, USA;
- Yoshihisa Morita, Ryukoku University, Japan;
- Michael Ward, University of British Columbia, Canada.
|00:20 – 01:10 UTC, Aug 4||Yoichiro Mori|
|01:10 – 02:00||Yong-Jung Kim|
|02:10 – 03:20||Yihong Du (plenary)|
|01:10 – 02:00 UTC, Aug 5||Michael Ward|
|02:00 – 02:50||Yoshihisa Morita|
|03:00 – 03:50||Chiun-Chuan Chen|